Fostering a Pug
PROS is always in dire need of caring foster parents who will open their homes to temporarily care for homeless pugs. It can be a very rewarding and fun experience to add a pug to your household until he finds his forever home! We especially need foster homes for our senior pugs, who sometimes take a little longer to find good homes.
- Foster Parents agree to care for the rescued dog(s) and during this time Foster Parent will give kind, gentle, loving care to the rescued dog and provide it with a safe, indoor environment. Pugs shall be kept in the house at all times with the exception of being taken outside to go to the bathroom. At no time shall the dog(s) be tied to any object outside, nor shall they be kept in any kennel which is not fully enclosed and covered and fully secured by locks.
- PROS will be responsible for any veterinary care charges for said dog(s), but only if PROS has authorized such care, except in cases of extreme emergency. The foster parent agrees to take the dog(s) only to veterinarian(s) to which they have been directed by PROS or to which PROS has told them to use, except in cases of extreme emergency
- The foster parent understands that it may be necessary to drive the dog to the veterinarian, to meet with prospective adoptive families and other places, and is willing to do so.
- Foster Parent agrees to feed the dog(s) premium dog food, and agrees to feed, water and exercise the dog appropriately. This includes no unsupervised, off-lead time.
- Foster Parent understands that often a dog comes into rescue needing medication. PROS will pay for all medications necessary for the dog(s). Foster Parent agrees to administer the medication(s) to the dog in accordance with the veterinarian instructions.
- When we get a call to rescue a Pug it is often on short notice and we have no indication of a Pug's health or temperament. Our foster homes have to be willing to help us assess this and be willing to update the PROS Coordinator on a weekly basis. We can't guarantee that a Pug is housebroken and we often have no knowledge of the previous home or owners so we have little or no knowledge of where the Pug has lived.
Our foster home program is extremely important to PROS' continued success. The greatest joy we receive is watching our fosters adopted to a home where they will be loved and cared for for the rest of their lives. It's a tough job because you are giving up a little Pug you have grown to love. But when they go to their new home, there is then an opening for the next Pug and the next...
If you are interested in becoming a pug foster parent, please fill out the application for adoption below and email it to email@example.com with "Foster Application" in the subject line. If your application meets our criteria, we will contact you to arrange a home visit.
Download our adoption/foster application in Acrobat PDF format
Download our adoption/foster application in Microsoft Word format